Seeking a career as a door supervisor in the UK, great choice!
Working as a door supervisor is incredibly rewarding! some of the benefits include;
- Plenty of jobs available in a variety of venues including live events, festivals, night clubs & pubs.
- Great pay starting around £10 and rising to £15+ for head door staff.
- Varied role no two days are ever the same and you get a buzz doing your bit to help keep the public safe.
Where do I start?
First off you are going to need training in the skills required to work as a door supervisor. Don’t worry you don’t need any prior skills, qualifications or experience you will be taught all you need to know to get you up and running on your first nights working the door.
Where do I find door supervisor courses?
There are many door supervisor course providers in the UK, you can do a quick Google search to bring them up. Beware there are many providers who provide training with the mind of a quick turn around for profit. They are not overly concerned about their candidates getting the best training, It’s more about getting the candidates through the exam. Yes there is an exam but do not fear, it’s common sense multiple choice questions, you will go over all these questions during your training.
Security Trained only have courses which are run by SIA licensed professionals with years of ‘on the job’ experience working as door supervisors. We have door supervisor courses running all year in various locations around the United Kingdom;
What will I learn?
The Level 2 award in door supervision training consists of 4 modules or units which teach you about everything you need to get started. These modules go over;
- Legality’s of working within the industry
- Your work based duties and responsibilities
- How to deal with situations which may arise, conflict management and physical intervention
The course is usually run over 4 consecutive days with a multiple choice exam on the final day. The exam is straight forward, the vast majority pass first time round and you will be taught everything you need to know to pass successfully.
- First Day: You will learn about working in the private security industry.
- Second Day: You will go over topics about working in the private security industry.
- Third Day: Will be about conflict management within the private security industry.
- Forth Day: You will learn about essential physical intervention skills within the private security industry.
After completion of the training and a pass on the exam you can then apply for your SIA licence which will enable you to work in the UK as a door supervisor. You can see more about applying for an SIA licence on the official website here: https://www.sia.homeoffice.gov.uk/Pages/licensing-applying.aspx
How much does it cost?
Security Trained we have the most competitive price compared with the quality of training you will receive remember beware of cheaper training providers who may be more interested in your cash rather than the level of training your provided with. Our course are fixed at £200 all around the UK, you can upgrade to course pass+ and benefit from 3 more attempts at passing the exam should you fail at £29. We pride ourselves on the level of service and training we provide for our candidates.